Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is elected at-large to four year terms by the voters within the District. Board meetings are held on the 1st Monday of each month. As of August 3, 2020 the Regular Monthly Board meetings will start at 12 pm. This new time will only be in effect while conducting teleconference meetings in accordance with Executive Orders No. N-25-20 and N-29-20.All board meetings are open to the public, and we encourage attendance and participation by our citizens.
When the Executive Orders are lifted, Regular Meetings of the Board of Directors will resume with original time and location -- first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the City of Sausalito Council Chambers, 420 Litho Street in Sausalito.
Dan J. Rheiner bio:
- Appointed in 2011. Term expires in 2022.
- Currently serving on the "Sewer" and the "Finance Insurance and Budget Committees".
- Resident of Sausalito for 10 years.
- Graduate of Trinity University with a degree in Business and Construction (1979), MBA from Trinity University (1983), Graduate of Pacific Coast Banking School (2009).
- Over 29 years of banking and construction experience nationwide. Currently Senior Vice President and Regional Manager for a local community bank.
- Citizens Advisory Review Board for Sausalito, (President: 2011-2012).
- Other past and present board affiliations: Marin YMCA, Past President of Marin Lutheran Church (2003), Rotary Club of Sausalito, Co-Chair Sausalito Chamber of Commerce Merchants Committee, Senior Warden for Christ Episcopal Church in Sausalito (2008-2011), Mountain Play Association, also a member of the Sausalito Lions Club and Sausalito Yacht Club.
William F. H. Ring bio:
- Appointed in 2010. Term expires in 2020.
- Resident of Sausalito for over 20 years.
- Graduated from the University of Tennessee with MS in Engineering and UC Berkley with an MBA.
- Retired from SRI International as Program Manager in the Systems Evaluation Division.
- Volunteer for the Sausalito Village and the Golden Gate Computer Society's School Support System.
- Served as Trustee of the Marin/Sonoma Mosquito and Vectro Control District, Director of International Programs for the Global Book Exchange, Secretary of the Marin Sunrise Rotary Club, and President, Secretary and Wizard of Waste of the Sausalito Sustainability Commission.
Ann Arnott bio:
- Elected in 2005. Term expires in 2022.
- Resident of Sausalito for over 50 years.
- Graduate of Tufts University in Boston with a degree in Education and Bouve Boston School with a degree in Physical Education and Recreation.
- Retired Office Manager of the Sausalito-Marin City Sanitary District, a teacher for 18 years, executive director of the YWCA, and in the seventies, opened Soupcon, the first restaurant on Caledonia street.
- Currently servers as a Board Director of the Sausalito Women’s Club, the Sausalito Chamber and as Secretary of the Sausalito Art Festival Foundation.
Don Beers bio:
- Elected in 1987. Current term expires in 2020.
- Lifetime resident of Sausalito for over 80 years.
- Graduate of UC Berkeley with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering and a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Retired from Chevron Corporation as Senior Product Consultant - Motor and Aviation Gasoline and special products.
- Member of the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and the ASTM (Testing and Standards Organization).
- Past President of Sausalito Lions Club.
- Past President of SIRS (Sons in Retirement)
James DeLano bio:
- Elected in 2013. Term expires in 2022.
- Resident of Sausalito since 2002.
- Graduate of Yale University, with BA in Biology and MD degrees. Residency training in Psychiatry at University of Pennsylvania.
- Psychiatrist with the Permanente Medical group for 27 years; Chief of Psychiatry in Kaiser San Francisco Medical Center.
- Past President of the Friends of the Sausalito Public Library and the Sausalito Lions Club.
- Board member of the Sausalito Library Foundation.