Your Toilet is Not For Trash
The only items that should be flushed down the toilet are feces, urine and toilet paper. Dumping other items can cause sewer spills and overflows and clog sewer treatment equipment.
- No Wipes. Do not flush so-called flushable wipes. They can clog sewer facilities and lead to clogs, spills and overflows.
- No Diapers, Disposable or Not. The feces should be dropped into the toilet but the diaper itself should be cleaned or thrown into the trash.
- No Fabrics of any Kind should be flushed down the toilet or drains.
- No Cat Litter. Cat litter should be placed into a garbage receptacle. The binders in cat litter can cause your toilet or other drains to block and your sewage to back up into your home.
- No Medications. Click here for information on how to dispose of medications properly.