Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is elected at-large to four year terms by the voters within the District. Board meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month at 12 pm and will continue to be held remotely per AB 361 until further notice.
Dan J. Rheiner bio:
- Appointed in 2011. Term expires in 2022.
- Currently serving on the "Sewer" and the "Finance Insurance and Budget Committees".
- Resident of Sausalito for since 2006.
- Graduate of Trinity University with a degree in Business and Construction (1979), MBA from Trinity University (1983), Graduate of Pacific Coast Banking School (2009).
- Over 29 years of banking and construction experience nationwide. Currently Senior Vice President and Regional Manager for a local community bank.
- Citizens Advisory Review Board for Sausalito, (President: 2011-2012).
- Other past and present board affiliations: Marin YMCA, Past President of Marin Lutheran Church (2003), Rotary Club of Sausalito, Co-Chair Sausalito Chamber of Commerce Merchants Committee, Senior Warden for Christ Episcopal Church in Sausalito (2008-2011), Mountain Play Association, also a member of the Sausalito Lions Club and Sausalito Yacht Club.
William F. H. Ring bio:
- Appointed in 2010. Term expires in 2024.
- Resident of Sausalito for over 20 years.
- Graduated from the University of Tennessee with MS in Engineering and UC Berkley with an MBA.
- Retired from SRI International as Program Manager in the Systems Evaluation Division.
- Volunteer for the Sausalito Village and the Golden Gate Computer Society's School Support System.
- Served as Trustee of the Marin/Sonoma Mosquito and Vectro Control District, Director of International Programs for the Global Book Exchange, Secretary of the Marin Sunrise Rotary Club, and President, Secretary and Wizard of Waste of the Sausalito Sustainability Commission.
Dr. Shirley Thornton/Colonel, (0-6) Retired, USAR bio:
Dr. Shirley Thornton is a scholar, author, retired educator, administrator, US Army Colonel and Marin City resident for 56 years. She retired in 2010 from the School of Education, California State University Sacramento. Dr. Thornton served as a Deputy Superintendent, of the California Department of Education Specialized Programs Branch from 1985 to 1996 and was appointed by Mayor Frank Jordan to serve as Director of the San Francisco Public Housing Authority. Dr. Thornton holds degrees from San Francisco State University in Biological Sciences (BA), Counseling (MA), and Credentials in Teaching, Counseling, and Administration. She holds a Doctor of Education from the University of San Francisco in Curriculum and Instruction; an Honorary Doctorate from the Dominican University of California and graduated from the Command and General Staff College, US Army. Dr. Thornton served on the Sausalito Marin City School Board for 16 years and left the board in 2014 to serve as Assistant Principal of Bayside Martin Luther King, Jr. Academy. Dr. Thornton presently serves as Treasurer of The Arts Plus Scholar’s Foundation, a non-profit organization to bring quality art and music programs to the Sausalito Marin City School District.
Don Beers bio:
- Elected in 1987. Current term expires in 2024.
- Lifetime resident of Sausalito for over 80 years.
- Graduate of UC Berkeley with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering and a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Retired from Chevron Corporation as Senior Product Consultant - Motor and Aviation Gasoline and special products.
- Member of the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and the ASTM (Testing and Standards Organization).
- Past President of Sausalito Lions Club.
- Past President of SIRS (Sons in Retirement)
James DeLano bio:
- Elected in 2013. Term expires in 2026.
- Resident of Sausalito since 2002.
- Graduate of Yale University, with BA in Biology and MD degrees. Residency training in Psychiatry at University of Pennsylvania.
- Psychiatrist with the Permanente Medical group for 27 years; Chief of Psychiatry in Kaiser San Francisco Medical Center.
- Past President of the Friends of the Sausalito Public Library and the Sausalito Lions Club.
- Board member of the Sausalito Library Foundation.